top of page

European Union

 What EU Passport Holders ?

Those individuals holding passports from the EEA (European Economic Area) and Switzerland are free to live and work or study in the UK. The same is true of their family members even if they are not EEA citizens themselves. Family members include spouse/partner/civil partner, children under 21 years and parents.

Those nationals from certain states are required to *register or **obtain authorisation to work. Once you have spent a continuous period of 5 years in the UK you will qualify for permanent residency subject to meeting certain conditions.

EEA countries include: Austria, Belgium, **Bulgaria, Cyprus, *Czech Republic, Denmark, *Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, *Hungary, Iceland, Irish Republic, Italy, *Latvia, Liechtenstein, *Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, **Romania, *Slovakia, *Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom. Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway are not members of the European Union (EU) but citizens of these countries have the same rights to enter, live in and work in the United Kingdom as EU citizens.

For a FREE visa assessment please complete the Free UK Visa Assessment and one of our consultants will respond within 48 hours of your submission

bottom of page